Parenting your child in the best way possible always begins with knowing in your heart – really knowing – that your child is born for greatness – in his or her own way. Your role is to learn how to free that greatness by loving them in a healthy way. The way in which we love them is vitally important. Whether our child reaches their highest potential depends on HOW we love them.. Do you know whether the way you love your kids – as a parent or a teacher – is the kind of love that stimulates greatness in them? You will find the answer in the short coaching video. Then, below the video are some examples of the kind of love that frees greatness in your child and the kind of love that may hold them back.
- Not to be a critical parent most of the time. Yes I know we do it because we love them and want them to learn from us but being highly critical makes them feel as if they’re not good enough.
- Not to over-love. Our kids feed off our emotions and when we are too anxious and worry too much about them this makes them anxious and worried too.
- Not to over-protect them. For example, advocate too much for your kids. If you feel the need to advocate on their behalf make sure that they give you their consent to do this.
- Not to push them too hard to achieve. High expectations are good but not if this causes your child to feel pressure which causes them to stress.
- Not to transfer your own personal inner hurt to them.
Be aware to:
- Give 5 positive messages to 1 negative message.
- See their real strengths and speak about these often.
- Help them learn how to advocate for themselves in challenging situations.
- Recognize when you are pushing them too hard – or being too perfectionistic – and ease off.
- Learn how to heal any personal inner hurt you may be carrying, so you can parent with a ‘whole heart.’