Hello to all the Wonderful Busy Parents
I know that you guys have TONS of things to do this time of the year so I am going to keep it short, sharp and powerful. Here’s what to do:
- Watch the video – it is only 38 seconds long
- Think about whether the message on the video applies to you and your kids – especially at this time of the year.
- Then answer the 6 questions below.
- Put the 3 steps of action into practice.
6 Questions for you to consider.
- Do I get more stressed than usual when it comes to this time of the year?
- How does this show up in my behavior towards my spouse?
- How does this show up in my behavior towards my kids?
- How do my kids react to my stress? (Mention at least 2 ways in which you see them reacting to your stress).
- How does this show up in my general health and wellness?
- Do you sincerely, truly, absolutely – and passionately – want to be less stressed? If the answer is ‘Yes’ read on – if the answer is ‘No’ – you can press delete.
3 Steps to Transforming your Holiday.
- Write a list of the things you are currently doing or planning to do that you feel stressed about.
- Take each one of these things on the list and one–by-one decide the following:
- How can I take the stress out of this? (After all, it is only me that has decided to experience this as stressful).
- How can I perform each of these tasks without becoming tense and anxious about them?
- How can I do this with fun, laughter, and a light heart?
- Now, with all that amazing power and strength that you know you have inside you…
Change your attitude
I have so much to do; I will never get this done in time; I have to get it right; this has to be perfect; I have to be perfect; there is so little time in the day …
I am so blessed to have so much to do; how lucky am I to have all these people to buy gifts for; How grateful I am to have people around me that love me; I am loved for who I am; I can do this; holiday time is such fun …
Every step of the way in preparing for these holidays, let yourself feel and know how blessed you. Keep saying out loud to yourself and others, ‘I am so grateful that … I am so grateful that … I am so grateful that …!’
I would love to hear from you about how this is transforming this holiday time for you and your family.