With Mother’s Day on the horizon lets talk about what moms need in order to feel happy, special and whole – not only on Mother’s Day but every day, all year round. Let’s agree on one thing – Moms you are the most amazing beings! Quite often though all the things you do to make the family happy are simply taken for granted – like that’s what Moms are supposed to do! It’s up to you to ensure that you are not taken for granted, that you are not just expected to always be available to serve without thanks or recognition. Keep in mind, scientific research strongly supports the idea that a mother’s mental, physical and emotional health affects the entire family and if Mom is not happy no one is happy.
So Moms – here’s what you need to tell your family:
1. Hey guys! I need daily loving hugs from each of you. Why is this important? Because hugs release the hormone oxytocin that provides relief from stress and frustration.
2. I need you to say, ‘Thanks Mom!’ Thanks for the delicious dinner, thanks for helping me with my homework, thanks for having my friends for sleep-overs, thanks for the way you think about what makes me happy, thanks for being so proud of me … thanks for always being there for me. Why is this important? Because feeling appreciated stimulates wonderful healing chemistry. And there is another reason – because this is what we should all do when someone treats us with kindness and caring. We should acknowledge the person. Kids of all ages need to become present and aware and learn to do this. It is a great skill for their adult years.
3. I need time for myself – mom time to do the things that make me feel whole and happy and inspire me. So when I take mom time I need you to respect that. Why is this important? Because this stimulates endorphins and many other important healthy chemicals.
4. I need dates with dad – dedicated mommy-daddy time. Yes of course we love you more than anything but we need time as a couple to relax and enjoy each other’s company. So when we take mommy-daddy time, be happy for us. Why? Healthy chemistry, of course!
5. I need laughter. I especially need to laugh with you, for us to laugh together. I need to have at least one great big belly laugh a day. Why? Because laughter is better than any medecine in a bottle.
6. And above all, I need to be happy because I know without a shadow of doubt that when I exude happiness, you feel happy too. I know that my feeling of happiness permeates the whole family and creates a magical energy in the house. My serotonin stimulates your serotonin. Here’s the deal – I will take responsibility for this. I understand that I – and only I– am responsible for how happy I feel. So I commit to to make being happy a habit. This is my mother’s day gift to my family.
Moms you deserve to take amazing and special care of yourselves because, know this: You are amazingly special! It’s up to you to make sure that you ask for what you need and get what you so richly deserve. Then you can be the kind of inspiring, healthy and balanced person and parent you dream of being.
P.S. A one of the ways of taking care of yourself come to Dr, Sandy’s complimentary workshop: Become a Healing Parent In this complementary test session you will experience:
- Balancing/Rebalancing your chemistry. You will be introduced to a new form of movement with music that is fun and easy to do and will totally change your chemistry. You will actually feel the difference after 30 minutes.
- Balancing/ /Rebalancing your Parenting. You will also learn a powerful parenting tool to deal with meltdowns in a healing way.
When: Thursday May 14th 2015
Time: 10:00 – 11:30
Place: Studio 3; 2220 Coit Rd, Suite 440; Plano 75075
Dress: Workout casual and sneakers
Registration Essential: Go to: www.parentstakecharge.com Click on complimentary workshop. Registration closes Tuesday 12th May.