When any of us thinks of parenting and education, we usually think of the way it has always been. We cannot do that anymore. Parents are now faced with having to update their parenting skills to ensure that their children will be ready for the huge challenges of the 21st century. Truth be told, we are not sure what the world will look like in the next ten years, or even the next five years because everything is changing so quickly. But there are some things we do know. We know that children will need to be extremely resilient and flexible to cope with the stress and pressure of this ever-changing world. They will need to be self-confident, bold, assertive free-thinkers. They will need to have the courage and creativity to think differently and take risks. They will need to know how to engage confidently with others and form strong friendships and communities. The massive amounts of digital information and images being transmitted makes it very important for young people to know how to analyze, interpret and understand information, think logically and separate fact from opinion. Children need to learn how to be tough-minded and live with clear and strong values. If children can learn all of the above at an early age, by the time they become young adults, the opportunities for them to live a purposeful and successful life will be unlimited.
Here’s the problem. Children can only develop this kind of inner strength, resilience and courage when they have a healthy body, brain and spirit. Unfortunately the numbers of children today with learning, mood and behavior problems are reaching staggering, epidemic proportions. How can this next generation be expected to go boldly forward and courageously take on the challenges of the 21st century when so many of them are dealing with emotional, learning and behavior challenges that are holding them back? This means that the most critical skill that parents need today is the ability to help their children build healthy bodies, sharp brains and strong spirits. By doing this, parents will be giving their children a robust and resilient foundation; freeing them up to focus on building up the inner strength they will need for happiness and success. Parents have amazing healing powers but for too long now parents have given their healing power away to others.
It is time for parents to reclaim this power!
Parents with the right healing skills and knowledge can:
- Help their children’s bodies, brains and spirits function in the best way.
- Prevent ADD, ADHD, OCD, Autism, depression, behavior problems and many other symptoms that so many children grapple with today.
- Play a huge role in restoring the child to optimal health, (preferably without prescription drugs), if such issues have already occurred.
If you are a parent that is ready to Take Charge there are some requirements:
- You have a passionate desire to play an active role in your child’s health and healing.
- You are prepared to devote time to learning about the most amazing things happening in the fields of body, brain and spirit health today.
- You are prepared to learn new skills.
- You have lots of courage, persistence and resilience to stay on track knowing that you are giving your child the greatest gift of their lifetime.
If you meet these criteria (and I am sure you do because you are reading this article), then may you be blessed as you travel on this incredible journey to giving your child a healthy body, brain and spirit.